Just for a short time starting 3 p.m. ET on Monday 16 July until Tuesday 17. Not a Prime member yet? No problem. You can sign up here to take advantage of a ton of deals.
I thought it will be fun to collect some quotes on aging by famous people, so below you are going to find some inspiring and wise aging quotes.
If you think about it aging cannot be revoked but can be reversed to a large extend by adopting an appropriate style of living.
Gone are those days when we would fade into retirement, believing there is nothing more in life for us, and that we will only end up as a burden to everyone around us.
The present concept encourages us and gives hope of a life in retirement that could be more exciting and fruitful than the one we have left behind.
Let's reminisce over every moment of our past life, and we will surely hit upon an idea that flashed in our mind sometime or other.
We should follow our instincts and take it up as a challenge, and see where it will take us.
Let's get inspire by reading, everyday, few quotes on aging by some powerful mind to keep our adrenaline pumping and enthusiasm flowing.
Here is a collection of aging quotes by some famous people to get us going, and realize the advantages of our golden years.
Some funny or/and inspirational quotes about old age and wisdom:
1. "Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young. "-Henry Ford
2. "Old age is fifteen years older than I am."- Oliver W. Holmes
3. "The secret of genius is to carry the spirit of the child into old age, which means never losing your enthusiasm." - Aldous Huxley
4. "There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will truly have defeated age." - Sophia Loren
5. "Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art." - Eleanor Roosevelt
6. "Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."- Mark Twain
7. "The great secret that all old people share is that you really haven't changed in 70 or 80 years. Your body changes, but you don't change at all." - Doris Lessing
8. "Aging gracefully is supposed to mean trying not to hide time passing and just looking a wreck. Don't worry girls, look like a wreck, that's the way it goes." - Jeanne Moreau
9. "Aging is an inevitable process. I surely wouldn't want to grow younger. The older you become, the more you know; your bank account of knowledge is much richer." - William M. Holden
10. "Aging is not lost youth but a new stage of opportunity and strength." - Betty Friedan
11. "Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life." - Kitty O'Neill Collins
12. "Ava Gardner was the most beautiful woman in the world, and it's wonderful that she didn't cut up her face. She addressed aging by picking up her chin and receiving the light in a better way. And she looked like a woman. She never tried to look like a girl." - Sharon Stone
13. "You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing." - Michael Pritchard
14. "What you don't want to do is to hang on to the aging superstar past his prime and take resources away you can otherwise use to build a better overall team." - Tom Hicks
15. "You are never too old to look younger." - Mae West
16. "I intend to live forever, or die trying." - Groucho Marx
17. "A man is as old as he's feeling, a woman as old as she looks." - Mortimer Collins
18. "It takes a long time to become young." - Pablo Picasso
19. "At sixteen I was stupid, confused and indecisive. At twenty-five I was wise, self-confident, prepossessing and assertive. At forty-five I am stupid, confused, insecure and indecisive. Who would have supposed that maturity is only a short break in adolescence?" - Jules Feiffer
20. "When your friends begin to flatter you on how young you look, it's a sure sign you're getting old." - Mark Twain
21. "Old age isn’t so bad when you consider the alternative." - Maurice Chevalier
22. The years between fifty and seventy are the hardest. You are always being asked to do things, and yet you are not decrepit enough to turn them down. - T.S Elliot
23. No wise man ever wished to be younger. - Jonathan Swift
I fervently hope that the above quotes about aging will infuse enthusiasm into you and turn you “young people” into still younger souls.
What other visitors read after reading quotes on aging: