Olive Oil Skin Care Benefits and Uses
How good is olive oil for dry skin? Can you use it as a moisturizer?
Using olive oil for dry skin can be very effective, as the moisturizing properties of this oil will hydrate the skin, leaving it softer and healthier.
In skin care, olive oil is added to
cosmetics not just to improve dry skin, but to help with aging skin and
hair condition, among other uses.
Olive oil has been used for a variety of purposes since a very long time.
Egyptians and Greeks were the ones who have always used olive oil on skin to see that it was well preserved.
The same practices have been brought forward today, the only difference being that, this ingredient is used in cosmetics and skin-care products.
Typically, olive oil consists of a chain of compounds that are said to be really useful to a lot of functions in the body.
The oil is also utilized to retain the elasticity of the skin ensuring that the skin remains hydrated and soft.
Though olive oil can be used directly on the skin, it leaves an oily finish, which is why people choose to buy products that have olive oil as one of the essential ingredients.
For those of you who want to take advantage of this great antioxidant below you will find some homemade recipes with olive oil as their main ingredient.
Here's a look at how this very simple, easy to get ingredient could help you look and feel a lot better.
1. The antioxidants will help reduce the signs of aging and give you fewer lines and wrinkles.
A mixture of olive oil with an egg white and a little honey can be applied to the face and neck. Wait fifteen minutes, before washing with warm water.
2. You might have heard of people using olive oil for body massages.
Warm a little bit on your hands and massage onto the skin to eliminate muscle pain, reduce stress and hydrate the skin.
3. Alternatively, it can even be added to the water you bathe in, or as an ingredient in the products for skin care. It will help to keep skin smooth and moist.
4. Did you know that olive oil is an excellent natural scrub?
To exfoliate as well as moisturize, add a few granules of sugar or salt to the oil and gently rub it on the skin. This will assist you in getting rid of dead skin without abrasions.
5. Olive oil, mixed with a little vinegar and water can make a great cream that you can apply on the face and neck at night to lighten patches of discolored skin.
6. Olive oil used in the skin for people with eczema helps reduce itching.
7. It is an excellent hand care remedy especially for those people who have their hands in water for a long period of time.
For a complete treatment submerge your hands in olive oil for 10 minutes.
8. Dry skin can cause deep cuts and flaking of the skin, and olive oil with its healing properties when applied to the dry skin can aid in healing the skin without leaving any scars.
In fact, any kind of mask that is concocted with olive oil as an ingredient is supposed to be great for dry skin and will only help to revitalize the skin.
9. Another use for this extraordinary oil is that it helps heal dry and chapped lips during the colder months, and it can also be applied on the cuticles and nails to prevent them from getting dry and from developing hangnails.
10. It is excellent to smooth dry hands, feet, elbows and knees.
11. Applying a few drops of olive oil to the tips of long hair can prevent hair from splitting and also overcome dryness caused by using too much shampoo.
It is also used as a stimulant for the hair. A few drops will do it when it comes to your hair.
If you want to incorporate olive oil into your daily skin care routine try Olivella moisturizer. Is one of my favorite products with olive oil because it doesn't leave the skin oily, it has anti aging benefits and you only need to use a little bit so the bottle last longer.
We know that olive oil is a traditional ingredient for many people in the Mediterranean. It is used every day by people who want their skin to stay soft, supple, and young.
This simple to acquire, inexpensive
ingredient can do a lot to help you fight aging skin.
It's important to make sure that you use good quality oil, however. The best one is extra virgin olive oil from the first press, but if you can't find it any other will do.
Too many "olive oils" on the market are heat treated or blended with other, lower quality oils. If the oil you purchase seems too cheap to be true, it probably is. Please note that skin care remedies that use lemon should be applied only at night.
1. To maintain your hair shiny and fight dryness mix half cup of coconut oil milk with one spoon of avocado oil and two spoons of olive oil.
Apply over the hair for 30 minutes before washing your hair. To enhance its effect warm it for a few seconds in the microwave.
2. To prevent and diminish stretch marks melt one spoon of beeswax and add one teaspoon of olive oil, one tablespoon of wheat germ oil, one teaspoon of apricot kernel and half cup of cocoa butter.
Mix well and transfer to a container. Keep it in the fridge. You can use this cream everyday to treat stretch marks.
3a. For blackheads mix one teaspoon of olive oil with few drops of lemon.
3b. For acne scars mix one spoon of this ingredient with salt and apply over the scars.
3c. For oily complexions with acne tendency blend half carrot, 1 spoon of natural yogurt, one spoon of oats, few drops of lemon and one spoon of olive oil.
Leave on the face for 20 minutes and wash with warm water.
4.To smooth and rejuvenate your hands mix 5 strawberries with one spoon of olive oil and a pinch of coarse salt.
Massage your hands for one minute and leave for another 5 minutes. Avoid using salt if you have cracked skin and use instead sugar. Rinse using tepid water and apply hand cream.
5. To minimize and prevent wrinkles mix 1 spoon of olive oil with 1 spoon of honey and 1 egg white.
Apply over neck and face for 10/15 minutes before rinsing out with lukewarm water.
For an amazing cleanser containing this ingredient check out DHC Deep Cleansing Oil. It will remove every trace of make up leaving the skin smooth and soft.
We all know the importance of olive oil for optimal health. It has great benefits for the organism, preventing heart related conditions and lowering cholesterol.
We should incorporate olive oil and other foods from a healthy Mediterranean diet.
Find out how you can do this in this top rated e-book with fantastic Mediterranean recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
This healthy way of eating will promote low blood pressure and low cholesterol levels and is ideal for weight loss.