What is included? FREE fast shipping for eligible purchases, streaming of movies, TV shows and music, exclusive shopping deals and selection, unlimited reading, and more.
Glycerin is good for skin and probably you are going to be surprised when you discover the possibilities for use are nearly endless.
Glycerin is the commercial name for Glycerol derived from the Greek word "glykys" which means "sweet".
It was discovered in 1779 by Swedish scientist K.W.Shele. It is an humectant and can be of animal or vegetable origin.
It is obtained naturally in the soap making process, and in synthetic form from petroleum. It is a transparent, thick liquid with a sweet taste and is classified as an alcohol.
It can't be dissolve in oil, only in water and alcohol.
This natural skin moisturizer has many uses:
This humectant is widely used in cosmetic formulations, due to its moisturizing properties. We can find it in many of our daily skin creams and other cosmetic products.
Because is an humectant, it absorbs water from the air, keeping the skin moist. It has emollient properties and leaves the skin feeling softer and smoother.
It could help in the treatment of some skin diseases, such as psoriasis, acne and some skin cancers and can be beneficial in scar healing.
Always bear in mind that when choosing cosmetic products such as glycerin soap bars and skin creams, is better to go for quality rather than cheaper versions, because sometimes these products don't have enough quantity and can do more harm than good to the skin, when other chemicals are placed instead.
If you have very dry or cracked hands Camille Beckman hand therapy is what you need. Besides glycerin it contains vitamin E, botanical extracts, almond oil and aloe vera that will deeply moisturize and nourish the skin.
Another product with glycerin that I love and is very affordable is Holistic Apothecary Organic Chamomile Face Cream. It has great natural ingredients like organic Shea butter, avocado, witch hazel, mango butter, carrot oil, etc that work in conjunction to calm, heal, moisturize and rejuvenate the skin.
Here you have few skin care recipes to make at home. You can buy the rosewater from a beauty store and the glicerine from the chemist or online.
1. Hand care - Mix the petals of two fresh roses with distilled water. Leave soaking for twenty four hours. Strain the liquid and add the glycerol. Keep in a bottle and sake well before use.
2. Moisturize the face - Mix eight spoons of rosewater with six spoons of witch hazel and three spoons of glycerol. Keep in a bottle. Sake well before use.
3. Body lotion to smooth & nourish the skin - Mix six spoons of rosewater with two spoons of glycerin. Keep in a bottle. Shake well before use. Excellent moisturizer for face, neck, hands and body.
4. Hand therapy - Mix glycerin with lemon juice. Rub your hands with this mixture. Your hands will feel softer.
5. Weak hair - Mix two eggs, one spoon of olive oil and one spoon of glycerine. Wash the hair and apply over damp hair. Leave it on for about twenty minutes. Rinse off.
6. Dry skin - Mix two spoons of honey with one spoon of glycerol and one spoon of olive oil. Apply over cleansed skin and leave it for twenty minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
7. Combination skin - Mix two spoons of oats with one spoon of glycerin and one spoon of rosewater (add more rosewater if necessary). Massage the skin and leave it on for 15 minutes. Wash using warm water.
If you are looking for organic rosewater to add to your homemade recipes I recommend Poppy Austin 100% Pure Rosewater made with ethically sourced ingredients.
Make your own homemade glycerin soap in 5 easy to follow steps:
1. Cut clear glycerin soap base in small pieces and melt in the microwave.
2. Add your preferred color.
3. Add scented oils of your choice.
4. Place in silicone oil with the base covered in olive oil to make it easier to unmold.
5. Place in the fridge to set.
Other popular articles to take care of the skin: