What is included? FREE fast shipping for eligible purchases, streaming of movies, TV shows and music, exclusive shopping deals and selection, unlimited reading, and more.
Discover how to get rid of blackheads at home using the best vacuum removal devices, peel off masks, facial strips, skin care products and DIY home remedies.
To achieve a clear complexion you need to eliminate the ugly blackheads and whiteheads we often encounter on the nose, chin and other facial and body areas. With that in mind I have made a great selection of tools and DIY remedies you can use at home to remove blackheads fast and in some cases even instantly.
Blackheads result when the pores on the skin become blocked with oil or dead skin. The color black is produced by oxidation (open pore) when in contact with air. If the pore is closed is called whitehead.
There is a popular belief that blackheads are form because of lack of hygiene and although it will help to keep your face clean it is not the main reason.
Oily skin is more prone to develop blackheads because of the excess oil that it produces.
Although is most typical on teens most people get blackheads and one point or another. There isn't a single thing that can categorically prevent them but there are few steps you can take to avoid them as much as possible.
If blackheads are getting on your quest to achive a beautiful clear complexion I have selected few tools that are going to help you get rid of them instantly.
Below you will find 5 blackheads removal tools and products that are top rated for a reason; they work. You can find them all at Amazon.
This is an amazing tool to remove blackheads and whiteheads, reduce pimples and acne related issues. it is also effective to remove fine lines and wrinkles, crow's feet, firm and exfoliate the skin. Overall it will clear the skin and leave you with a healthier and glowing complexion.
What is inside the box
Electric blackhead remover tool, 4 heads, two sponges, micro USB charging cable, one manual and one year warranty. A plus when buying this product is that if there is any problem with the product you have 30 days to claim a replacement or get a refund.
How it Works
Remove blackheads, cleanse your face from oil and dirt. For the blackheads to come off easier is recommended to steam the face first. To do this you can use warm water and a towel over your head for 5 minutes. You could also place a hot piece of cloth for few seconds over your nose (be careful no to burn yourself).
Alternatively you can use a facial steamer. Is quick and will give you the best results. Read the article about best facial saunas reviews to check the one more suitable for you.
Once your pores are open you will start using the electric remover tool with the suction heads.
The machine has different settings going from 1 to 5 (weaker to stronger).
What areas of the face are the heads used for? I has 4 different heads.
How to use it
You have to slide the tool around the different facial areas you want to work. The movement can be smooth or in circular motions. You can also stop in troublesome areas but don't stay in the same place for too long if you wan to avoid ending up with red or purple skin.
The one with the big hole is has the strongest suction power and is mostly used in big areas of the face such as the forehead. Great to get rid of blackheads and firm the skin. When using this head start from the middle section and work your way to the sides of the face.
The head with the oval shape is used around the eye area and is specially effective to reduce crow's feet. When ready to use start from the bottom eye area and work your way to the top area. Be careful when using it around your eyes as this area is quite fragile.
The head with the small opening work best on the nose and hard to reach areas (like the nose sides and the chin). The suction power is weaker so it is ideal to use on sensitive skin. When using it is better to start from the bottom upwards.
The crystaline head is used for exfoliation and skin lifting massage. It will eliminate dead skin's cells restoring a brighter, healthier and younger complexion. Ideal to use around the cheek area. When using it start from the outside to the inside of your face.
Once you have finish your session make sure you splash cold water on your face to close the pores. Alternatively you can apply a cloth soaked in cold water for few seconds.
Since the heads have different suction power you need to know which one is best for your skin. Make a test on your hand firts to feel the suction power of each head.
Good to Know
1. How often should I use the blackhead removal tool?
The manufacturer recommends to use it once a week if you have dry or sensitive skin and two or three times a week if you have oily or combination skin. If you have deep blackheads use it twice a week.
2. Are there any side effects?
It is normal for the skin to remain red for a while after use and even more if you have sensitive skin. To avoid bruises don't stay in the same place for long. Apply ice is your skin is still red after 10 minutes.
3. How long the heads will last?
Since they are made of durable material it will be a long time before you need to replace them. Treat them with care and clean them properly.
4. Does it make noise when in use?
Actually the extractor is very quite so no problem there.
5. Which age group is the blackhead remover tool recommended for?
Any age but teens should be careful when using it and use the lower setting. Recommended for women and men and all skin types.
Another effective tool to remove those annoying blackheads and whiteheads. The kit is made in durable and anti corrosive stainless steel. It is composed of 7 pieces all keept in a small leather case.
What is Inside the Case?
7 stainless steel tools. Most of the tools are double sized for different purposes.
Below are the type of pieces found often on this type of kits and what they are used for.
1. Eye loop - Use to extract trapped sebum on the face and some body areas.
2. Small loop - Is best used to get rid of whiteheads.
3. Flat loop - Is pressed against the skin to extract blackheads.
4. Angled loop - this tool is ideal to use on those hard to reach places such as the sides of the nose or ear.
5. Lancet - Use to prickle stubborn acne, pimples or blackheads.
6. Spoon extractor - Is used to apply pressure over the area with blackheads/whiteheads to release trapped sebum.
7. Multi-function tweezers - Use to extract blackheads and pick sebum with an easy pinch.
8. Pointed needle - Use this tool with care to break the pore's surface and get rid of all the dirt.
9. Triangular loop - Use to squeeze stubborn blackheads, whiteheads and pimples.
1. Wash your face.
2. Place a hot towel over the area o open up the pores.
3. For an even better job in opening the pores use a facial steamer.
4. Make sure the area to treat and the tools you are going to use are desinfected.
5. Pick your tools.
6. To puncture pimples or blackheads pick the pointed needle.
7. To extract sebum and dirt use tools with a loop or the spoon extractor.
8. Disinfect the area again.
9. Use your usual acne moisturizer or aloe vera gel.
10. Clean the tools with soap and water or alcohol and allow them to dry.
Charcoal and clay are two ingredients that are often used on skin care products to reduce oil and eliminate blackheads.
Organic Detox Mask from Chic Republic combine the two ingredients on this facial mask to maximize its benefits in a gentle way.
The main ingredients found on this mask are:
1. Kaolin clay - Absorbs excess oil and cleanse pores.
2. Bamboo charcoal powder - Exfoliates and removes dead skin cells.
3. 13 essential oils including rosehip, jojoba, lemon, evening primrose, eucalyptus, sunflower and grape seed to brighten, moisturize and rejuvenate the skin.
4. Plant extracts such as aloe, kelp, chamomile and spirulina to revitalize the skin.
5. Other ingredients including Shea butter, cocoa butter, cayenne, clove, panthenol and beeswax add anti-bacterial protection and leave the skin soft and supple.
1. Exoliate the skin
2. Place a cloth soaked in hot/warm water on your face for 10 seconds.
3. Apply a generous amount of the mask all over the face avoiding the eye area.
4. Let it work for about 10 minutes
5. Remove using a damp cloth or rinse your face with warm water.
Note: There is some controversy as to whether is good to use charcoal masks (peel off type) to get rid of blackheads. Some experts agree that this type of masks are too strong to use on the face because they remove the top layer of the skin and can create scarring. DIY peel off charcoal masks are very popular but dangerous to use as they contain glue which can create havoc on the skin.
Ultimately is up to the individual to decide whether to use them or not but at least make sure that you are well informed before making any decision. If you want to read the article click here.
There are several ways to eliminate blackheads from your face (nose, chin, cheeks) and home remedies are very popular because they are affordable and work fast. Below you will find 5 remedies that when used regularly can give good results.
1. Blackhead DIY Scrub
2. White Clay Facial Mask
3. DIY Pore Strip
This work best when you steam your face first to open up the pores.
In my opinion it works better when you remove the strip fast, similar to when you are waxing, but be careful not to cause damage to your skin.
4. Toothpaste Scrub
There is a popular belief that toothpaste is good for blackheads. I haven't tried myself but you can give it a go and see if it works for you.
5. DIY Exfoliant | Face Mask
This is kind of an scrub and a face mask together.