What are the benefits of honey for the skin?
Honey is very popular due to the amazing healing properties of this natural substance.
It has been used since ancient times by many civilizations and today is been used as an skin care ingredient by cosmetic companies in order to help with different skin conditions.
So, what is so great about honey?
The nectar obtained from the flowers will be turned into honey to dress upon some of the most mouth-watering desserts.
Over the years honey has been a very popular ingredient added to cosmetics and used at home as a natural skin remedy.
It has maintained its importance because of the favorable health properties.
That healing ability of honey is fantastic making it one of the preferred components for home cures.
Honey & nutrition - Honey has many very good qualities such as magnesium, potassium, calcium, sodium, chlorine, sulphur, iron and phosphate.
The many health benefits of honey includes: antioxidant power, antiseptic, healing and anti-inflammatory properties.
It is also used as a natural remedy to help with arthritis, gastroenteritis, stomach ulcers, diarrhoea, athlete's foot and even bad breath.
It not just used to greatly enhance overall health, honey for the skin has many advantages:
1 - Regenerates the skin, because of its anti-oxidant power.
2 - Honey works as an humectant, hydrating the skin as well as making it supple and soft.
3 - Still is used in many places to assist heal skin injuries.
4 - Honey is being added as an skin care ingredient by skin care companies, to numerous cosmetic products as a way to minimize wrinkles and moisturize our skin. Try this amazing serum if you want smooth and glowing skin Wild Ferns Manuka Honey Facial Serum.
5 - Aside from honey, additional products generated by bees including wax, pollen, along with royal jelly are usually used in skin care products.
6 - Honey can also be used to heal cracked lips.
7 - It can help with acne. Honey is very good for the skin because of its qualities. Anyone can use honey as a facial mask as it works wonders for the complexion.
It feeds your skin through the essential properties contained in it.
8 - It is very good to remove wrinkles from face and works as well as an anti aging remedy.
9 - Honey has the ability to preserve moisture content which helps your skin keep on being soft and supple.
The hydration quality of the honey helps to keep the skin's elasticity, smoothness and softness.
The existence of anti-oxidants in honey defends you against UV rays.
1. Facial Cleanser
4. Relaxing Bath
5. Body Conditioner
6. Acne Remedy
7. Chapped Lips
8. Body Scrub
For a great moisturizing, detoxifying & healing facial mask containing organic honey check Bee Friendly's Face Mask. I love it and I think you will too.
9. Top 5 facial masks made with honey
1. To exfoliate the skin use 1 spoon of orange juice, 1 teaspoon brown sugar and 1 spoon of honey.
2. For sensitive skin made a mixture with honey (1 tbsp) and aloe vera (1 tbsp).
3. For oily skin try mixing 1 spoon of honey with 1 or 2 spoons powder milk and 1 egg yolk.
4. For dry skin mix 1 spoon honey with a few drops of milk. If you want to use it on your body increase the amount of honey and milk. Leave to act for 10 minutes before your bath or shower.
5. To diminish lines and wrinkles this mask is really good: Mix one spoon of honey + 1 spoon f chickpea flour + a pinch of turmeric. Add milk until the mixture is consistent enough.
* Leave the masks on your skin 10 to 20 minutes and remove using warm water.
A note about honey for the skin: You should exercise all safe practices when you follow the instructions on all the remedies found here. Avoid using any of these ingredients if you are allergic to them.