Just for a short time starting 3 p.m. ET on Monday 16 July until Tuesday 17. Not a Prime member yet? No problem. You can sign up here to take advantage of a ton of deals.
How can we get rid of lip wrinkles and enjoy perfect lips?
Deeply pronounced lip wrinkles or mouth wrinkles is one of the signs of aging that many people find make them look older before their time. If this is your problem keep reading to discover the different treatments and remedies that will keep this area younger and wrinkle-free.
This area is often the hardest hit when the process of aging begins, and it is also one of the hardest to fix.
But what is it exactly about this particular area that causes it to be so prone to wrinkling?
As with any area of the skin it is affected by the gradually slowing processes that cause our skin to develop the wrinkles, sags, and bags that people have become accustomed to as the simple result of getting older.
As our bodies age they will begin to shut down production of the foundational tissue that our skin depends on in order to stay firm and healthy.
But before we learn how to get rid of lip lines permanently we are going to learn why the lips are so prone to wrinkles.
Just as the neck, the skin in the lips is very delicate. As we grow older, the outer skin layer becomes thinner due to a decrease in collagen production.
To make things worse, the water and oil levels - the natural lip balm of our bodies - face a reduction over time, resulting in the skin on the lips being susceptible to wrinkling and dryness.
Another cause is over exposure to extreme conditions such as sunshine and wind.
Exposure to these elements cause some of the damage to your skin that will cause mouth wrinkles to develop.
Free radical damage due to a lifetime of exposure to the UVA rays from the sun, cause many of the outward symptoms of aging.
The majority of the damage to your skin’s appearance comes from the loss of collagen and elastin due to the slowdown in production.
Much of it is also due to the declining levels of hyaluronic acid in your skin, which is caused by the breakdown that occurs in this tissue because of a certain tissue eradicating enzyme.
This enzyme can be eliminated through the use of products containing the right ingredients.
One of the most common skin aging signs are wrinkles above lips which are often referred to as sad lines because the lips take on a down-turned look. A lip wrinkle of another form is also known as the naso-labial fold. These can be seen as deep lines that have formed beneath the nose as well as above the lips.
1. If you take care of your lips and use protection your chances of getting prematurely aging skin around the lips will be reduced. Something that is very simple but many ignore, is to use a moisturizer or lip balm with incorporated sunscreen.
This simple step will protect the lips from getting lines and wrinkles. EltaMD Broad Spectrum Lip Balm incorporates sunscreen SPF 31. It blocks both types of UV rays and it contains vitamin E and olive oil to leave lips totally moisturized.
2. If the lip area has become extremely thin and has lost much of its supportive tissue, you may want to consider surgery in order to restore the skin's fats and oils. This will help by plumping out your skin so that you will have a much more youthful appearance.
3. Another tip to remove lip wrinkles and prevent it from becoming such an annoying problem, is to find the type of product that will cause your collagen and elastin to begin producing at a much higher rate.
Look out for products containing peptides and antioxidants. Organic Pharmacy Lip & Eye Cream is a good choice with great reviews.
4. You may also want to get rid of lip lines without surgery by choosing a treatment such as fillers; some are permanent while others are only temporary.
Some of these fillers utilize the body's own fat stores while others combine chemicals and non-corporal chemicals.
The most common fillers dermatologists used to treat this area are made with hyaluronic acid (Juvederm or Restylane). They can last up to 6 months but it varies depending on the concentration.
Remember that is essential to go to a qualify and experienced professional if you don't want to end up with a "trout pout" look.
These beauty tips for lips will help you take care of this delicate area of the face and make your lips softer and younger.
1. The first thing (boring but essential) is to protect the lips from sunlight, cold, extreme temperatures and other external factors by applying a lip balm with sun protection.
2. To prevent lip lines avoid drinking from a straw or directly from a bottle as this is going to create vertical lines along the lips. You won't see it straight away but it will happen in the long term.
3. Another tip to keep this area younger is to practice exercises for the mouth every day. Make a big "O" with your mouth and repeat the vowels "a, e, i, o, u" in this position several times. This facial exercise is also great to prevent wrinkles on your neck.
4. Smoking will accentuate wrinkles around the mouth and vertical lines known as "smoker wrinkles".
5. If you suffer from cold sores make a mixture with vinegar and baking soda. Apply over the cold sore. You could also apply honey and leave it overnight.
6. For softer lips brush them with a toothbrush and Vaseline for two minutes. This will activate blood circulation and will get rid of dead skin.
7. Make up tips for lips for bigger lips - To make them look bigger outline the edges of the lips slightly with lip liner. Then, apply the same lip liner to the rest of the lip area. Finally dab a little bit of lip gloss on the middle of the top lip.
8. Chapped Lips - Mix three spoons of grated beeswax with three spoons of almond oil. Mix well and pour the mixture in a small bottle. Use as needed. For an intensive lip treatment use it as a lip mask for 15 minutes.
9. Another DIY remedy for chapped lips is to melt grated beeswax and add 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon honey and a capsule of vitamin e. Mix well, keep the mixture in a container and refrigerate. Use as needed. Don't keep longer than a week.
10. To remove or diminish upper lip wrinkles place a slice of papaya on this area. Leave for 10 minutes, rinse off and apply a lip balm.
11. Sunburned Lips Remedy - Apply ice and then honey. Soak a cotton in cold milk and apply to the lips. To relieve sunburned lips it is also effective to apply aloe vera, natural yogurt, cucumber, cold tea bags and tomato.
12. To get rid of dead skin exfoliate the lips with a mint lip balm and a toothbrush for one or two minutes.
Fernida's lip plumping device can make your lips appear bigger. Although the results are temporary many customers love it because it offers better results than a mere lip gloss plumper.
It is also cheaper and safer than cosmetic injections. You can check the product on Amazon and read the reviews of those who have used the lip plumper.
To find out more about the Lip Enhancer Device click the image below: