I have some great eye skin care tips to help you keep this area young and beautiful.
Eyes are an essential and beautiful part of the face and that's why we need to keep our eyesight and the skin surrounding the eyes in top condition.
This article focuses on eye skin care, steps you can take every day to make sure you take proper care of this area.
SHARE ME | PIN ME
There are external and internal factors that influence the way the skin ages and the same can be said for the eye area. The skin surrounding the eyes is one of the first to suffer when aging skin takes over.
The apparition of under eye bags, puffiness, dark circles, wrinkles and discolorations won't make anyone happy because most probably it will make us look older than we would like.
Come with me and discover the best tips, treatments, natural remedies, cosmetic ingredients and eye creams to prevent, delay or even erase your eye skin problem.
Because the skin around the eyes is much thinner than the rest and with fewer sebaceous glands it tends to dry out more easily. The eye area also has numerous blood vessels which sometimes can be seen through the skin contributing to the formation of dark eye circles.
1. Important external factors that can have an effect on loose skin, wrinkles and the overall look of the skin in the eye area are smoking, alcohol intake, sunlight, pollution and stress.
2. Sometimes, by looking at our mother we can get an idea on how we are going to age so genetics also play a role in the way the skin looks, although is not as important as the external factors.
3. As I said earlier the skin around the eyes has fewer oily glands, so this area is dryer and more prone to lines and wrinkles such as crow's feet.
4. Dehydration makes the skin dryer including the eye area so drinking an adequate amount of water or other liquids such as herbal teas is essential.
5. Another important factor that most people ignore or are not aware of is sleeping wrinkles. Sleeping to one side can create creases in the whole face, neck, cleavage and of course the eye area. The best prevention for sleeping wrinkles is to sleep on your back or use an anti-wrinkle pillow.
6. Expression lines are formed every time we laugh, squint, smile, cry, etc and with time these fine lines will become deep wrinkles. Best solution for expression lines? Try to be aware of your facial expressions although it will be very difficult.
7. Junk food or a bad diet can make the skin look aged, dry, spotty and lifeless. Get your daily dose of greens and fruits and other healthy food to regain that youthful face you love so much.
8. Allergies or sinus conditions, retention of fluids, salt and late nights also contribute to the decadence of this area.
9. Hormonal imbalance, rubbing the eyes frequently and a lack of proper skin care can make under eye circles more obvious.
The under eye problems that people complain more about are puffy eyes and under eye bags, dark circles and crow's feet. Lest have a look at each one of them and discover why and how.
1. Puffy Eyes and Under Eye Bags - Many people think that puffy eyes and bags under eyes are the same thing. Although it can be confusing, under eye puffiness is normally temporary and can be treated with natural remedies or eye skin care products.
On the other hand, bags under the eyes are due to the accumulation of fat. Over the years the accumulation of fatty deposits take place and once this occurs the only thing that will get rid of that fat for good will be surgery.
There are some treatments and cures that can be used to relieve both problems. You will find some further below.
2. Dark Eye Circles - Dark circles is not per se a sign of skin aging but they can worsen with age. Dark eye circles can appear at any time, at any age and in any race so why do we have dark circles?
Because the skin around the eyes is quite fragile and thinner and this makes blood vessels more apparent. There are other factors that can give you dark circles under the eyes such as hormonal changes, genetic predisposition, hyper-pigmentation, loss of volume around the eye socket and anemia.
You will learn how to deal with dark circles later on.
3. Eye Wrinkles including Crow's Feet - Eye wrinkles are mostly due to a loss of volume in the face and around the eye area. But there are also other factors such as aging, genetics and solar exposition.
Crows feet can be due to squinting, laughter and smiling. And all these factors combined can make the skin surrounding the eyes appear wrinkly and old.
Follow a daily eye skin care routine to keep this area firm and smooth.
Find out below the best treatments and remedies to get rid of eye wrinkles.
Since eye bags are due to deposits of fat that forms in this area the most effective treatments are lower blepharoplasty and fat grafting.
SHARE ME | PIN ME
For puffy eyes there are several natural treatments you could try.
There the popular remedies that you can find everywhere on the net such as green tea or chamomile bags, cool spoons and slices of cucumber or potato.
Other more unusual treatments to reduce eye puffiness are:
1. The use of the cornflower plant. Its flowers are used in cosmetics for its many benefits. For puffy eyes soak cottons in distilled water made with these flowers.
2. Tea made with rose petals is another remedy you can try. Just soak two cottons with this tea and place over closed eyes for 15 minutes.
3. Filter coffee can also be of help. Soak the cottons with coffee and place over the eyes for 10 minutes.
4. Blend one apple and apply one spoon of the blended apple below each eye. Cover with an eye mask or bandage to keep it in place for 20 minutes.
5. Another trick to get rid of puffy eyes is to soak two cottons in very cold milk. Apply over the eyes for 10 minutes and rinse. Repeat if necessary.
6. Doing facial exercises and specially eye exercises will help restore that youthful look.
7. Another thing you can do is to sleep on your back using a high pillow.
For a good eye treatment mask check La Pure 24K Gold Collagen Eye Mask.
The most efficient ingredients in cosmetics often recommended by dermatologists include antioxidants such as white and green tea, vitamin E, vitamin C with ferulic acid and vitamin K, acid kojic, Eyeliss and Haloxyl.
There are other treatments that will deliver results quicker but they are more expensive. Some dermatologists recommended facial fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm to eradicate dark circles.
Natural homemade remedies to whiten the area below the eyes:
8. Boil some parsley for 10 minutes, let it cool down and apply two cottons soaked with this water over the eyes for few minutes.
9. Rub some lemon over the dark circles. Be careful with the eyes.
10. Apply some grated carrots over the dark circles and leave for 30 minutes. It can be used to lighten the whole face too.
11. Dissolve an aspirin in milk and apply with cotton over the affected area.
12. Blend mint leaves and mix with few drops of olive oil. Apply over the area before bedtime.
Eye dark circles your problem? Check Blue Eye Gel.
The most popular treatment used by many to erase eye wrinkles and crow's feet is Botox. Other treatments recommended by dermatologist include the use of Dysport, mild chemical peels, Fraxel laser, Peleve Radiofrequency treatments and Thermage. Sometimes, based on your problem, a combination of some of these treatments will be recommended.
Popular remedies to take care of wrinkles around the eyes include:
13. The use of Vaseline. Extend Vaseline over the wrinkles and leave overnight.
14. Vitamin E and collagen added to your daily eye cream.
15. Mix blended cucumber with few drops of aloe Vera and a bit of honey. Place under the eyes or the whole face and rest for 30 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
16. Mix 2 purple grapes with a capsule of vitamin E. Apply it over the wrinkles and leave overnight. Rinse in the morning.
17. Mix papaya juice with a bit of cream and apply over the eye wrinkles for 15 minutes.
If the skin surrounding your eyes is in need of a lift check this top rated serum with coffee. Is a natural antioxidant serum that will tighten and soften the skin around the eyes.
More tips & treatments for amazing skin: