Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial
What is included? FREE fast shipping for eligible purchases, streaming of movies, TV shows and music, exclusive shopping deals and selection, unlimited reading, and more.
Best Oily Skin Care Routine | 7 DIY Remedies & Treatments for Oily Skin
Is your oily skin letting you down? Below you will find steps you can follow for the "best oily skin care routine". Keep an eye on your skin and see how it reacts, maybe you need to adjust to routine if something doesn't work as expected.
There are also tips, home recipes and treatments to help your skin type. Since knowledge is power let's see what factors influence oily skin.
9 Main factors influencing greasy skin:
- Hormonal and metabolic changes
- Bad diet
- Poor personal hygiene
- Skin diseases
- Alcohol and tobacco abuse
Oily Skin Care Routine | 10 Steps to Your Daily Regimen
Follow this skin care routine and improve the look of your skin.
Daily skin care routine and steps for oily skin
- To prevent oily skin you should always maintain the skin as clean as possible. If you wash your skin make sure is not more than twice daily.
- Use a gentle cleanser, specific for this skin type in the morning and night, even when you don't use make up.
- Is best to refrain from using toners containing alcohol. Many dermatologists state that these type of toners can damage the skin and make the problem even worst.
- When using toners try a more gentle approach. Valentia Organic Rose Water Toner has anti-bacterial properties which is great news for oily skin and acne prone skin. Great ratings too.
- Another alternative to control excess oil is to use cleansers and/or toners containing acid ingredients such as beta-hydroxys, glycolics or salicylics.
- Don't use soap cleansers and harsh products that can stimulate oil production.
- Moisturize with oil-free creams and if your skin is very oily apply only in dryer areas like cheeks and eyes.
- Oily skin requires exfoliation twice per week to eliminate grease and dirt.
- Use a facial mask once a week, after exfoliation.
- Always use oil-free sunscreen with SPF15.
- Be consistent with your skin care regimen if you want to keep your oily skin at bay.
One good thing about this skin type is that wrinkles tend to appear later and are less pronounced. It is more resistant to external factors such as wind, sun, and cold.
7 Home Remedies for Oily Skin
1. A mask made with a spoon of lemon (vitamin c), mashed cucumber (astringent and cooling properties) and a beaten egg white will help with the grease in your face, and will get rid of any shine. Leave it for at least twenty minutes and rinse off with mineral water.
What helps with oily skin? Use the right products & natural homemade remedies
2. Mud, aloe vera or clay masks are beneficial for this type of skin.
If you are lazy to make your own mask try Majestic Pure Dead Sea Mud Mask. An amazing facial mask that will detoxify and revitalize the skin.
3. A good home remedy for oily skin is a mask made with mashed cucumber and natural yogurt.
Leave on for 10-15 minutes and wash with a cloth or water.
Your skin should feel tighter, cooler and softer.
4. This remedy for oily skin will get rid of grease.
Rub half potato through your face, allow it to remain on the skin ten minutes before using water to rinse it off.
Apply your every day cream.
Do it once a week.
5. Another effective mask for treating excessive oily skin is mixing natural yogurt with half lemon.
Let it sink 15 minutes and take it off with water.
Lemon is astringent and a good tonic for the skin.
6. This mask will give luminosity to your face.
Blend 1/2 lemon juice with a tomato.
Apply with a cotton over the oily areas.
Let it for 20 minutes and remove with plenty of warm water.
7. Blend one cup of milk with 2 spoons of mint and 2 spoons of parsley.
Apply with a cotton and leave to act for 15 minutes.
Use morning and/or night.
6 Oily Skin Care Treatments and Tips
1. A great remedy for oily skin
that you can try is to drink every morning a glass of fresh orange juice
before breakfast and see if your skin improves.
2. Use aha, glycolic acid or salicylic acid products.
3. Sleep, exercise, no alcohol, no smoking, don't abuse red meat, chocolate and fried food.
4. Topical preparations with vitamin B can help. Try Niacinamide creams.
5. The use of skin lasers can help with oily skin problems.
6. How to control oily skin - Try these facials at the beauty salon:
- AROMATICS- With 18 plant extracts and 5 concentrates of essential oils for every type of skin, including oily skin. Acts in synergy with a relaxing massage.
- PURE T SKIN- This facial helps to renew the skin and allows less painful extractions of blackheads and pimples. It will transform extremely oily skin giving you a more balanced and matte skin.
- You could also use medicated pads to remove excess oil and dirt. They are very handy and can be used whenever you need to refresh the skin. To find a selection of medicated pads click here Medicated Pads For Oily Skin.
- To deal with oily skin in a daily basis you could use blotting paper. This paper is great to soak up excess oil just by pressing over the oily areas for a few seconds. To find a great selection click here Blotting Paper.
following this oily skin care routine doesn't give you the result you
want, you need to go to the dermatologist who might prescribe topical or
oral drugs such as Retin A or Accutane.
For a great facial mask that will cleanse and reduce pore size, clear the skin from acne and rejuvenate your complexion try Bentonite Clay Mask. The price is good and it comes with a free Konjac sponge and a free facial mask brush.
Other ways to get younger and healthier skin:
Does yogurt really clear skin?
Japanese skin care secrets & tips
The many skin uses of citric acid
Use organic creams to boost your skin
Skin Care Tips
Oily Skin Care