What is included? FREE fast shipping for eligible purchases, streaming of movies, TV shows and music, exclusive shopping deals and selection, unlimited reading, and more.
Due to the benefits of drinking white tea people from the far East have been consuming it for centuries. These days most of us are aware of the benefits of drinking tea, but what about white tea?
White tea is considered an antioxidant and is actually produced from the immature tea leaves that'll be selected just before the buds have entirely opened on the plants.
The name originates from the silver fuzz that typically coats the buds and this in turn is what makes the tea white as it dries.
There are lots of types of white tea to choose from and this will depend on the number of leaves to buds which have been employed in every single mixture.
The White Peony tea for instance contains 1 bud per two leaves in the mixture, while Silver Needle white tea is produced altogether with the lower buds which are usually selected in a two day period during early Spring.
What is white tea good for? Let us look at the benefits of drinking and applying topical white tea.
1- Anti Bacterial & Anti Viral Properties
Tests performed at Pace University have established that white tea extract might have prophylactic functions which will help to slow down the increase of bacterium which could trigger Staphylococcus attacks, Streptococcus infections, pneumonia along with dental caries.
It was subsequently observed that white tea works better compared to green tea at inactivating bacterial viruses in addition to having an anti-viral impact on human pathogenic viruses.
2 - Anti-Fungal Effect
You can also find research conducted that shows that it has an anti-fungal impact on Penicillium Chrysogenum as well as Saccharomyces Cerervisiae.
It was subsequently discovered that when white tea extract was present these ended up being entirely inactivated.
3 - Cancer of the Skin plus Protection of Cells
Experts have recently found out that the white tea extract can safeguard the Langerhans cells from destruction. It had been discovered that not just the extract guarded skin following sunlight exposure but even an individual's defence system was in fact restored.
Experts also found out that the DNA deterioration which happens to cells following sunlight exposure had been reduced. It nurses the immune systems of sun damaged skin cells back to health.
This means that even if you go on a long jog out in the sun and forget to cover some vulnerable patches of your skin, using white tea extract cream can help recover your poor skin cells back to excellent health - and it can even increase the skin's resistance to bad stress that can cause your skin to age!
This means that you can have a nicely tanned body without worrying too much about damaged skin cells, and your cells will bask in the great benefits of a stronger immune system to fight off any stress that comes it's way.
It's thought the antioxidant qualities in the white tea extract could be the cause for it being so highly effective. Additionally it is implied that the extract may well offer people anti aging benefits. Get the full benefits of white tea with the top rated Uncle's Lee Organic White Tea.
4 - Effective for Sagging Skin
One great benefit that white tea has on your good skin is that it has Elastin that aids in helping body tissue repair, which leads to the prevention of unwanted sagging skin.
Elastin also helps repair body tissue faster, which can also heal pesky wounds quicker than not drinking white tea at all.
No saggy skin and fewer open scars will really help improve the overall look of the skin, and it all comes from drinking white tea and/or using white tea extracts on your body!
5 - Good for Wrinkles
Another benefit of having a glass of white tea every day is that it helps at preventing wrinkles from forming on your beautiful skin.
White tea destroys the actions of bad enzymes that break down collagen and elastin, and those actions creates wrinkles.
With white tea stopping those age inducing enzymes, your skin would experience little to no wrinkles and will looking good in no time.
Check Origins a Perfect World Antioxidant Moisturizer if your skin is dry and in need of moisture. Also recommended to de-stress the skin and to prevent and reduce wrinkles due to the antioxidant action.
Due to the benefits of white tea for the skin companies are adding it as an skin care ingredient to cosmetic products.
It helps to protect the skin from the harmful action of free radicals and for that motive is a great idea to add white tea skin care products to your beauty regime. If you want to try a great white tea mask to transform your hair check Oribe Gold Lust Transformative Hair Mask.
1. Glowing Skin - Mix two spoons of white tea infusion with half papaya. Extend over face & neck and leave to work for twenty minutes. Rinse off with tepid water. Also effective for skin whitening.
2. Oily Skin - Take 3 spoons of oatmeal and mix it with 1 spoon of honey and 2 spoons of white tea infusion. Apply on the face for 15 minutes. Remove using warm water.
3. Acne & Blackheads - Make a white tea infusion with 3 bags and half glass of water. Wait 15 minutes and keep adding clay powder until the mixture is consistent enough to apply over the face. Allow it to work for 20 minutes and remove with lukewarm water.
4. Dry Skin - Mix one spoon of white tea infusion with half avocado & one spoon of honey. After 15 minutes wash it off with warm water.
5. Scrub - Make an infusion with white tea and take the content out of the teabag. Mix it with a pinch of sugar and olive oil. Rub your face, neck and hands gently with these mixture & remove with a cloth soaked in warm water (except for the hands).
If you are in need of a good moisturizer for your face check Elagase Anti-Aging Facial Moisturizer by pH Advantage. It contains white tea plus other antioxidant ingredients like coenzyme q10. It has been formulated by a plastic surgeon (Dr. Barry Cohen, M.D., P.C) to relief dry skin and provide anti-aging skin care benefits.
Tea, generally has been known for its medicinal uses for ages. There are three types of tea; black, green and white tea, all produced from the same plant Camellia Sinensis, but at different stages of growth.
White tea undergoes the least processing, has the highest nutrition content and also has the highest antioxidant levels.
White tea is made from the very young buds and leaves, which are then steamed and dried in natural sunlight to prevent further fermentation and oxidation. This minimum processing retains more nutrients making it more expensive compared to the other tea variants.
The antioxidant properties of white tea help in boosting the immune system, preventing cancers, promoting healthy and youthful skin, relief from some symptoms of diabetes, decreasing the risks of cardiovascular disorders, and also slowing down the ageing process, however, the most remarkable benefit of this tea is that it helps in weigh loss.
This tea gives you the feeling of a full stomach but is very low in calories.
The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 2013 review reports that the caffeine and catechins in white tea boost fat oxidation and energy expenditure, and the pyophenols in it prevent the slowdown in metabolism that occurs during weight loss.
The caffeine is also an energizer which helps in burning of calories while working out and during the day.
1. Research by scientists from Beiersdorf AG Germany that was published in the Biomed's 'Nutrition and Metabolism journal' reports that this tea helps in blocking the generation of new human fat cells, also known as adipocytes thus preventing weight gain.
2. It restricts the storage of fats in the body by mobilizing the fat from mature cells and eliminating it from the body.
3. As reported in the Journal of Nutrition and metabolism, it stimulates the burning of excess fats (lipolysis) in the body resulting in weight loss.
4. The high antioxidant levels help stimulate body metabolism which results in weight loss.
5. It restricts the absorption of dietary fat in the body.
6. White tea consumption causes less requirement for sweet drinks which results in reduced caloric intake.
7. This tea has a smooth sweet taste which reduces the need for adding cream, milk or sugar resulting in a reduction in the calories consumed.
8. It also works well in controlling false appetite as it gives you the feeling of a full stomach without the extra calories.
For more information about white tea and weight loss click here.
Even though this drink seems to be an easy way to enjoy liquids with no extra calories, it is advised to regulate intake as it contains caffeine, and excessive caffeine intake is harmful to the body.
However, persons who have no health issues with the intake of caffeine can consume it on regular basis. Due to the caffein content, this tea should not be consumed at night as it may cause sleepless nights.
It is best to take this tea without additives like sugar, milk or cream as they may destroy its health benefits.
Drinking white tea is not a guarantee of weight loss, but brings about metabolic benefits that make you burn the extra calories. This tea, however, does not replace healthy eating and regular workout which are the key contributors to weight loss.
The benefits of drinking white tea are great and when you incorporate this antioxidant to your daily diet your health and skin will thank you for it.
Please note that this article is only for information and if you are unsure if tea is for you because of the caffeine content in white tea or for any other medical reason consult with your doctor first.