Many people use hyaluronic acid for wrinkles in the hope that it will make them look younger, but is it effective when added to cosmetic products? HA, also known as hyaluronan is a substance naturally present in the body especially in the skin, the cartilage, soft connective tissue, the fluid surrounding and the eyes.
It comes from the Greek word "hyalos" which means "glass". It was identified in 1934 by scientist Karl Meyer. Hyaluronan is a viscous, clear gel with many functions in the body. If you are interested in the homemade hyaluronic acid serum recipe scroll down.
HA has many benefits for the body and the skin.
1. Acts as a cushion and lubricant in the joints
2. Is essential for proper vision and gives shape and volume to the eyes
3. Is a great moisturizer
4. Helps to retain water in the skin
5. Provides essential nutrients to the cells
6. Helps to remove waste from the cells
7. Is recommended after sunbathing
8. Acts as an antioxidant
9. Is recommended after laser treatments and chemical peels
10. Gives the skin volume and fullness
Hyaluronan is a great humectant, with the ability to retain water, by holding up to 1000 times its weight. For this reason is used as an ingredient in cosmetic formulations. It does a great job in moisturizing the skin, attracting and retaining water and keeping the skin hydrated and smooth.
Hyaluronan decreases with age and environmental factors causing the skin to lose volume and form wrinkles. Research has found that topical hyaluronan boost the skin's hydration and elasticity considerably. Studies also found that when applying creams containing this ingredient the depth of wrinkles is considerably reduced. If you want to find out more about this study go to http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22052267.
To reduce wrinkles while smoothing and brightening your complexion try this amazing product Kriama Anti-Aging Serum 20% vitamin C + Hyaluronic Acid. Get it at Amazon at a great price.
Is sold as a supplement and some researchers suggest that taking supplements can help boost collagen production, diminishing fine lines and wrinkles.
Synthetic hyaluronan injections are used to give volume to the face such as cheeks and lips and to fill in fine lines and wrinkles.
It is also found in foods. Among the foods containing hyaluronan we can find root vegetables, fruits rich in vitamin C, red meats and soy products.
If you want to know how to make your own DIY hyaluronic acid serum for the skin have at this recipe.
20 organic eggs
In this recipe you only use the white membrane that is inside the eggshells.
1. Crack the eggs and carefully remove the white membrane by pulling it with your hands.
You can add boiling water to the eggshells to make it easier to remove the internal white membrane.
Repeat with all the eggs. Be careful not to leave any eggshell attached to the white membrane.
2. Place them in a bowl and leave them there until they dry.
3. Now place the white membrane in a coffee grinder to make a powder.
4. Transfer to a glass jar and add the liquid.
The liquid quantity should be double the powder content (50% mineral water & 50% alcohol)
Add the alcohol first and then the water.
5. Mix well and place a lid on the jar.
6. Keep it refrigerated for 2 weeks & shake it every two days.
7. After 2 weeks strain and keep the liquid obtained in a container with lid.
Now the homemade hyaluronic acid is ready to use.
A quick way to make a hyaluronic facial mask to remove the white membranes from the eggs first.
Then moisten your face and apply the white membranes over the face and neck.
Leave for 10 or 20 minutes and remove. Wash your face as usual and apply your skin care products.
If you want to make your own recipes with AH you could use AH powder with low molecular weight (reach the deeper skin layers) or hyaluronic acid powder with high molecular weight (stays in the top skin layer to lock in moisture).
Skin care ingredients you need to add to your beauty routine: