We all want to know how to reduce fine lines and wrinkles on the face to look younger for longer. No one is free from wrinkles and sooner or later they catch up with us letting us wondering how it happened. We go from beautiful and tight skin to sagging and wrinkly skin in a matter of few years.
But we can delay and diminish lines and get younger skin with the appropriate skin care. First let's discover how all this happen.
Skin wrinkles occur when the skin losses elasticity and collagen (a protein that holds the body together) and elastin (a protein that gives elasticity) begin to break down in the skin.
Wrinkles are folds that appear in our skin, and are one of the first signs of aging skin.
We can see these wrinkles even when the muscle is at rest. These wrinkles are due to the lack of elasticity in the skin caused from:
Dynamic wrinkles or expression lines
These type of wrinkles are linked to the underlying muscles we use for facial expressions, and appear temporarily when a muscle contracts. Every time we make a facial movement like:
Expression lines begin to appear in our faces because the repeated contractions of the facial muscles. These facial movements are accumulative, and start to show at around thirty.
The expression lines get deeper as we age, and it will get worse with sun damage and loss of collagen and elastin.
Are often due to the effects of gravity. Changes related to gravity become more pronounced as we get older. The skin's elasticity declines and the face tissues start to sag - sagging skin - causing:
Other factor that influence the appearance of wrinkles on face are sleeping wrinkles.
These wrinkles tend to appear on the face when we sleep to one side most of the time and are more pronounced as we get older.
1 - The best way to avoid sleeping wrinkles is to sleep on your back and use an anti wrinkle pillow and silk pillowcase. These pillows are especially designed to take care of the face to avoid wrinkles while you sleep.
2 - To reduce sleeping wrinkles, place surgical tape in the deeper wrinkles of your face, like between the eyebrows, and the lines from the nose to the mouth every night.
I personally have been doing this for years, and I really notice the difference the next morning.
3 - The best way to prevent wrinkles and expression lines, although difficult, is by trying to be aware of your facial expressions.
4 - The use of sunscreen to prevent wrinkles and pigmentation is a must. Use one that is safe and if possible that incorporates antioxidants such as green tea.
5 - Get into the routine of doing face exercises, they really work! But, be careful because some facial exercises could make wrinkles even worse. Read the article about facial exercises to find out why.
1. When buying skin care products go for the ones that are aimed to stimulate collagen and elastin. To stimulate collagen buy products containing retinol. Retinol will help to fill in wrinkles that appear overtime and give a radiant glow to the skin. Try Aria Starr 2.5% Retinol Serum.
2. To reduce lines and creases try this homemade recipe. Mix 2 spoons of honey with 4 spoons of milk powder and two spoons of tepid water. Leave for 15 minutes and cleanse with the help of warm water.
3. Do you have wrinkles on your neck? To prevent and diminish creases and lines on this delicate area the first step is mild exfoliation. Create a natural scrub by mixing few tablespoons of milk and a teaspoon of salt. Rub gently on the neck and cleavage and remove with warm water.
The next step is to apply a homemade mask. Mix 1 egg with 1 spoon of honey, one spoon of milk and one spoon of warm olive oil. Extend over the neck and cleavage and leave 20 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water.
4. Get plenty of antioxidants, externally and internally. Great antioxidant food include blueberries, walnuts, prunes, dark grapes and green vegetables.
Externally, top antioxidants you can apply to the skin are pomegranate oil, jojoba oil and Shea butter.
5. To really fight those wrinkles and prevent sagging skin is a good idea to invest in an effective skin care device. If you find that creams alone are not enough, perhaps is time to try something different. The Lift Wand® Premium Portable High Frequency Facial Machine is effective in minimizing wrinkles and tightening the skin. It also has other benefits like boosting blood circulation and rejuvenating dull, tired & dry skin. Boosting the appearance of scars and also restoring shine to frizzy, brittle damaged hair.
Popular articles with visitors to this site: