Want to learn how to boost collagen in the face, hair and body? Take a look below at the super tips on how to restore collagen in the face I’ve collected on this page. Collagen is a protein with an important role in the skin and because it starts to decrease at 25 is imperative to find ways to increase it and tighten the skin.
Hydrolyzed collagen for skin is the best you can get, so make sure to keep that in mind when shopping for skin care products that stimulate collagen and elastin production.
Collagen plays a vital role in the human body. It is like a glue that keeps the body together and give its structure. Below you will find 10 collagen supplement benefits for the skin, hair & health.
Find more information about the benefits of collagen here.
When looking for collagen supplements make sure to buy hydrolyzed collagen because it is better adsorbed by the skin.
1. Eating protein rich foods is one of the best ways to replenish collagen naturally. Foods rich in this protein include:
Restore collagen in the face with these 6 foods.
Check out the collagen powder below which is effective to promote weight loss, protect bones & joints, relieve gut symptoms & reduce aging skin.
2. Get into the habit of consuming bone broth and promote collagen formation. Bone broth is an excellent healing food with many health benefits. It is good to treat the gut, to fight inflammation, to build muscle, to relieve colds, to heal the digestive track, to boost immunity and to strengthen bones, hair, nails, teeth and skin.
A simple bone broth includes boiling quality bones (chicken, beef, lamb,...) for a long time. Add vegetables like carrots, celery, parsley, garlic, thyme, bay leaves, onions, etc. Cover with water, add 2 spoons of apple cider vinegar and let it simmer for at least 24 hours or more if is possible. The longer the better the broth will be.
For more details about bone broth recipe click here.
3. Another way to boost collagen production in the skin is by making home DIY remedies. Is essential to know what natural ingredients you can use on these recipes to maximize collagen. Great antioxidants include vitamin c, vitamin e, green tea, grape seed, lycopene (tomatoes) and coffee berry.
Make the following facial mask to keep the skin young, smooth and glowing.
To make your own Vitamin c serum click here.
Vitamin C serums are a great way to boost collagen production and if they incorporate vitamin e and ferulic acid the benefits are maximized. If you want to try a good serum check this 100% vegan serum that incorporates all the mentioned ingredients plus hyaluronic acid for extra smoothness.
4. Another way to boost collagen production is to drink it. Now you can find in stores collagen in liquid form that makes it easy to drink your way to stronger hair, and nails & better skin and health. You can also make natural smoothies using foods that help to boost collagen production. The following smoothie will help you with that.
Blend all the ingredients. Add ice if desired. Drink it!
Collagen boosting turmeric tea. For recipe click here.
5. Increase collagen production with skin care products that are proven to work. Pick products containing one or more of these ingredients: retinol, vitamins c & e, peptides, tretinoin, niacinamide, ferulic acid, copper & selenium. Below you will find a selection of 5 skin care products that are effective in enhancing collagen production.
1. Vitamin C Serum 22 - This top rated serum offers 22% vitamin c with with ferulic acid and vitamin c to boost its benefits. It also incorporates hyaluronic acid which provides the skin with high levels of moisture. Other things I like about this serum is that is 100% vegan, not tested on animals & for all skin types.
2. PCA Collagen Hydrator Face Cream - This antioxidant rich cream is a dream for dry & mature skin. The main ingredients like Shea butter, hyaluronic acid, vitamins E & C, olive oil, sweet almond and aloe vera work together to provide hydrated, smooth and firm skin. What I like about this cream is that is paraben free, don't clog pores and can be used on sensitive skin too.
3. Collagen Essence Face Masks Sheet - Face masks in the form of sheets are one of the secrets Asian women use for great skin. If possible, use one a day for 1 month, and see if you notice the difference. I sure do! In this package you will get 16 hydrolyzed collagen face and eye masks.
They also contain pearl powder and vitamin e. All of the masks contain collagen and each of them is designed for different skin problems. What I like about these masks is that they come soaked in a good amount of serum, are easy to use and really affordable.
4. Pure Hydrolized Collagen Peptides Powder Supplement - Here is an easy way to supplement your diet with collagen powder. Add it to liquids such as soups, coffee, teas, smoothies, juices or just water. What I like about this supplement is that is made of high quality hydrolyzed collagen, is sourced from pasture raised bovine and is gluten free.
5. Collagen & Biotin Shampoo & Conditioner - Biotin and hydrolyzed collagen are the main ingredients in this shampoo. With continued use it will strengthen the hair and provide thicker and fuller hair. What I like about this shampoo is that it hasn't been tested on animals, is suitable for colored hair and safe to use for all hair types.
More ways to keep your skin amazing: