If you are suffering from hand wrinkles and aged hands there are several treatments including hand creams that will help you ease this problem. It is really important to take care of our hands because, like our faces, they are constantly exposed to external aggression (water, cold, sun, soaps, detergents & pollution) which will make them look older and dry.
Since the hands are one of the most
neglected and unprotected parts of the body they need constant attention
and care. The structure of the palm hand is very fine and it has very
few sebaceous glands.
The key to avoid dry wrinkly hands is to keep them moisturized all the time but especially when they feel dry and tight.
Besides using hand creams there are several treatments we can find at the beauty salons and spas, that will help rejuvenate the hands and diminish sunspots.
1- One treatment that will help rejuvenate your hands is CACI. A complete hand care treatment that combines micro-dermabrasion, micro-current and led therapy to stimulate collagen production and eliminate pigmentation. The end result are smooth, hydrated and rejuvenated hands. Find out more about anti aging treatments such as CACI here.
2- If you are looking for more advanced hand skin care treatments you could try cosmetic fillers such as Sculptra and Radiesse injections. Sculptra is an anti aging treatment that will stimulate collagen production and add volume where is needed. A series of three treatments are recommended but the results will be seen over time.
Radiesse is also used to rejuvenate the hands and add volume underneath the skin, the difference is that the results can be seen immediately. You will need top ups to maintain the younger look in your hands.
4- There is a treatment at the beauty salons & spas made with parafin wax that is great to rejuvenate and smooth hands. Have a look at the video below to learn how is done.
1- To avoid dry skin hands during the day use a moisturizer with sunblock. Pick one with high SPF that is able to filter ultraviolet light and re-apply every time they feel dry and in need of moisture. Try Supergoop to smooth, brighten and hydrate your hands.
2- During the night use a nutritive cream with vitamins.
3- Exfoliate once or twice a week, with a mild scrub.
4- Use a mask once a week. You could use the same mask that you apply to your face. Choose a moisturizing or rejuvenating mask.
5- For an intensive remedy for dry hands, rub olive oil between the palm of your hands, cover with cotton gloves and leave it overnight.
6- Don’t forget to use gloves every time you do the washing up or when washing clothes.
7- Always dry the hands very well after you wash them.
8- Always wear gloves in cold weather.
9- Pamper yourself with a manicure once in a while, is well worth it!
If you want to learn how to cure dry hands the solution might be in natural home remedies. Make sure you use them consistently to really see a difference and prevent them from becoming dry and wrinkly.
1. Renew and smooth your hands with this scrub. Mix few drops of olive oil with a bit of sugar. Rub the hands with this mixture for a while. Rinse off with warm water and apply a moisturizer.
2. Moisturizer for dry skin - Place your hands in a bowl with warm milk and few drops of lemon juice. Leave them for about five or ten minutes. Wash them with warm water and apply a moisturizer.
3. Make your hands look younger with a potato. Boil and mash the potato, add a little bit of honey and milk. Mix the ingredients very well and rub the hands with this mixture. Leave it on for about twenty minutes and rinse off with warm water. Apply a hand moisturizer.
4. If you suffer from extremely dry hands mix a mashed avocado with three spoons of oats and two spoons of olive oil. Add mineral water until consistent. Rub the hands with this mixture for five minutes, twice a day, and every day. Rinse off with warm water and apply a moisturizer.
5. Mix almond oil with a capsule of vitamin e oil, apply over your hands, wear some cotton gloves and leave it overnight. The next morning rinse off with warm water and apply a moisturizer. Good for hands that are wrinkly and dry.
6. Treatment For Chapped Hands - Mix one spoon of olive oil with one spoon of almond oil and one teaspoon of Glycerin. Apply on hands. For an intense hand treatment wear gloves like these ones and leave overnight.
7. For severely dry hands try this remedy more than once a week to see an improvement. Mix three spoons of rosewater with three spoons of almond oil and one teaspoon of honey. Apply for ten minutes and rinse off with warm water.
8. This home remedy is good for dry cracked hands. Apply aloe vera gel over the hands and gently rub for five to ten minutes. Rinse off. Your hands will feel really soft.
9. If you have dry peeling skin on your hands, rub some grated cucumber over the area. You can also make a mixture with mashed banana and olive oil. One of the best tips is to apply Vaseline over dry or chapped skin.
10. Mix salt with lemon and olive oil. Rub your hands with this. Avoid if you have irritated or cracked skin.
What other visitors read after reading this article: