We have some great eye skin care tips to help you keep this area young and beautiful. Eyes are an essential and beautiful part of the face and that's why we need to keep our eyesight and the skin surrounding the eyes in top condition. This article focuses on eye skin care, steps you can take every day to make sure you take proper care of this area.
There are external and internal factors that influence the way the skin ages and the same can be said for the eye area. The skin surrounding the eyes is one of the first to suffer when aging skin takes over. The apparition of under eye bags, puffiness, dark circles, wrinkles and discolorations won't make anyone happy because most probably it will make us look older than we would like.
Come with me and discover the best tips, treatments, natural remedies, cosmetic ingredients and eye creams to prevent, delay or even erase your eye skin problem.
Because the skin around the eyes is much thinner than the rest and with fewer sebaceous glands it tends to dry out more easily. The eye area also has numerous blood vessels which sometimes can be seen through the skin contributing to the formation of dark eye circles.
1. Important external factors that can have an effect on loose skin, wrinkles and the overall look of the skin in the eye area are smoking, alcohol intake, sunlight, pollution and stress.
2. Sometimes, by looking at our mother we can get an idea on how we are going to age so genetics also play a role in the way the skin looks, although is not as important as the external factors.
3. As I said earlier the skin around the eyes has fewer oily glands, so this area is dryer and more prone to lines and wrinkles such as crow's feet.
4. Dehydration makes the skin dryer including the eye area so drinking an adequate amount of water or other liquids such as herbal teas is essential.
5. Another important factor that most people ignore or are not aware of is sleeping wrinkles. Sleeping to one side can create creases in the whole face, neck, cleavage and of course the eye area. The best prevention for sleeping wrinkles is to sleep on your back or use an anti-wrinkle pillow.
6. Expression lines are formed every time we laugh, squint, smile, cry, etc and with time these fine lines will become deep wrinkles. Best solution for expression lines? Try to be aware of your facial expressions although it will be very difficult.
7. Junk food or a bad diet can make the skin look aged, dry, spotty and lifeless. Get your daily dose of greens and fruits and other healthy food to regain that youthful face you love so much.
8. Allergies or sinus conditions, retention of fluids, salt and late nights also contribute to the decadence of this area.
9. Hormonal imbalance, rubbing the eyes frequently and a lack of proper skin care can make under eye circles more obvious.
1. Puffy Eyes and Under Eye Bags - Many people think that puffy eyes and bags under eyes are the same thing. Although it can be confusing, under eye puffiness is normally temporary and can be treated with natural remedies or eye skin care products.
On the other hand, bags under the eyes are due to the accumulation of fat. Over the years the accumulation of fatty deposits take place and once this occurs the only thing that will get rid of that fat for good will be surgery.
There are some treatments and cures that can be used to relieve both problems. You will find some further below.
2. Dark Eye Circles - Dark circles is not per se a sign of skin aging but they can worsen with age. Dark eye circles can appear at any time, at any age and in any race so why do we have dark circles? Because the skin around the eyes is quite fragile and thinner and this makes blood vessels more apparent. There are other factors that can give you dark circles under the eyes such as hormonal changes, genetic predisposition, hyper-pigmentation, loss of volume around the eye socket and anemia.
You will learn how to deal with dark circles later on.
3. Eye Wrinkles including Crow's Feet - Eye wrinkles are mostly due to a loss of volume in the face and around the eye area. But there are also other factors such as aging, genetics and solar exposition. Crows feet can be due to squinting, laughter and smiling. And all these factors combined can make the skin surrounding the eyes appear wrinkly and old.
Find out below the best treatments and remedies to get rid of eye wrinkles.
Since eye bags are due to deposits of fat that forms in this area the most effective treatments are lower blepharoplasty and fat grafting.
For puffy eyes there are several natural treatments you could try. There the popular remedies that you can find everywhere on the net such as green tea or chamomile bags, cool spoons and slices of cucumber or potatoes.
Other more unusual treatments to reduce eye puffiness are:
If you are looking for an eye skin care product Skin2Spirit Caffeine Eye Whip is great for many eye skin issues and top rated by customers.
The most efficient ingredients in cosmetics often recommended by dermatologists include antioxidants such as white and green tea, vitamin E, vitamin C with ferulic acid and vitamin K, acid kojic, Eyeliss and Haloxyl.
There are other treatments that will deliver results quicker but they are more expensive. Some dermatologists recommended facial fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm to eradicate dark circles.
Natural homemade remedies to whiten the area below the eyes:
Eye dark circles your problem? Try Punch's Brightening Eye Cream
The most popular treatment used by many to erase eye wrinkles and crow's feet is Botox. Other treatments recommended by dermatologist include the use of Dysport, mild chemical peels, Fraxel laser, Peleve Radiofrequency treatments and Thermage. Sometimes, based on your problem, a combination of some of these treatments will be recommended.
Popular remedies to take care of wrinkles around the eyes include:
For wrinkles and other eye skin problems try this effective eye gel treatment .
Other great products to get beautiful, healthier and younger skin around the eyes.
More tips & treatments for amazing skin: