One of the best benefits of avocado oil for skin is its moisturizing properties. Many refer to an avocado as a skin moisturizer, presented to us by Mother Nature herself. You will be amazed at the benefits and uses of this natural ingredient.
The human skin draws boundless benefits from the healthy fats and Phytonutrients offered by this wonderful fruit, irrespective of whether you eat it or topically apply it after converting into a pulp. While on the search for supporting information, I come across several properties of the fruit, which are plenty and diverse.
Did you know that every part of the avocado contributes to solve some problem or other? A powder made from the avocado seed finds extensive use in Mexico, the Caribbean and South America, as an anti-dandruff treatment, while the skin finds use as an anti-biotic for intestinal parasites and dysentery.
It also contains proteins, beta-carotene and above twenty percent of essentially needed unsaturated fatty acids. It has fatty acids like palmitic, stearic, palmitoleic, linoleic, oleic and linolenic. The crude avocado has a green colour, indicating the presence of chlorophyll. It falls in the category of mono-unsaturated oils.
Though classified among vegetable oils, in fact, avocado is a fruit because it contains a stone.
1. Avocados are natural moisturizers. The presence of phytonutrients and healthy fats make this oil highly beneficial for human skin, whether taken orally or as used externally.
2. People having matured or dried skin and those with issues of psoriasis or eczema will find it highly beneficial.
3. It is also helpful for treating dehydrated or undernourished and dry skin and also skin damaged due to climatic conditions.
4. It regenerates skin and softens the tissues. Rubbing your skin with avocados twice or more a week gives it an excellent complexion. You can use it in isolation, or mixed with some carrier oil, like grapefruit oil or almond oil and prepare 10-30 % strong mixture.
5. Avocado oil has a high content of sterolins, known for reducing age spots. They also help healing of scars and our skin damaged by the sun. The presence of sterolins also known as plant steroids in avocado oil has been excellent moisturizing characteristics that keep the skin soft.
6. That is what makes it the perfect material for treating people affected by dehydrated or the sun-damaged skin or by the climatic conditions. It works as an excellent moisturizer and has nourishing elements that help rejuvenation and regeneration of skin.
7. Another of the benefits of avocado oil for skin is that it makes a natural ingredient for doing facials. Its naturally moisturizing characteristics help in giving you a more beautiful skin. Since generations, avocados have found use in natural facial treatments, particularly for treating dry skin.
1- Avocado Mask for Dry Skin
First, get rid of your makeup. Next, using warm water and soap or a cleanser, wash your face thoroughly. Prepare a mixture of mashed avocados with small volume of milk (you may use oatmeal) and apply that on your face. Let it remain there for about ten minutes before rinsing it off with liberal volumes of water.
2- Rejuvenating Facial Mask
Blend half avocado with one spoon of honey and one spoon of olive oil. Apply to the skin including neck and hands for 20 minutes. Rinse with plenty of warm water.
Avocado oil enhances concentration of skin that is under constant attack while we grow older. The oil gets easily absorbed in deep tissues and because of its superb emollient properties, it is perfect for mature skin.
3- Avocado Face Mask for Oily Skin
Mash/blend half avocado with half tomato. Apply over the areas you want to treat and leave on for around twenty minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
The good fats in avocado prevent inflammation, making it a great natural ingredient to fight oily and acne prone skin.
4- Moisturizing Hair Mask
Blend half avocado with 1 egg yolk and 1 spoon of olive oil. Extend over the hair for 30 minutes. For best results wrap the hair with foil paper or cling film. Wash your hair as usual.
5- Face Mask for Wrinkles
Peel and boil a carrot. Take an orange, peel it and boil the peel with a bit of water for 5 minutes. Strain and set aside. Now mash half avocado and mix it with the boiled carrot. Start adding the orange water until you get a consistent mixture. Apply with a cotton or brush and let it work for 20 minutes. Wash with tepid water. Splash cold water and apply an anti aging serum or moisturizer.
Top rated products for the skin containing avocado:
Popular articles about skin care and oils: